YSR Scheme For Fishermen Welfare in Andhra Pradesh 2019-20 [Amount, Eligibility, Application Form]
Andhra Pradesh is considered as one of the important fishing hubs in South India. Thousands of families depend on this livelihood. But nothing had been done for the welfare of the members of the fishing communities. The current Chief Minister is all set to chance this scenario. He has announced a Welfare Scheme for the fishermen, who live in the state. The scheme offers financial assistance on an annual basis, and during the non-fishing seasons. This article sheds light on the salient features, eligibility requirements and documents necessary for applying for the scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Scheme For Fishermen Welfare in Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||16th October 2019|
|Date of implementation||Soon|
|Target beneficiaries||Fishermen in the area|
|Supervised by||Fisheries Department of Andhra Pradesh Government|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of the fishermen – Many traditional fishermen are opting for other livelihood practices as their earnings have gone down due to number of reasons. The welfare scheme will try to spot this by offering financial security to the members of the fishermen communities.
- Yearly financial grant – The CM has announced that all beneficiaries of the new welfare project will be given Rs. 10000 during not fishing season. This increase in the allowance will enable the fishermen to live a better life, away from the clutches of poverty.
- Special monetary grant during no-fishing season – Indiscriminate fishing has reduced the fish population in the seas and oceans. To allow the reproduction and growth of fishes, the state government bans all fishing activities for 60 days every year. The fish conservation period commences from 15th April and ends on 14th The beneficiaries of the welfare scheme will receive Rs. 4000 during the conversation period.
- Catamaran users can apply as well – It has been mentioned in the scheme that such fishermen, who still use the catamarans, will be allowed to become a part of this scheme, and enjoy the numerous perks.
- Subsidies on diesel price – Many fishermen have their own boats, which they take out in the ocean to catch fishes. These boats are mainly powered by diesel. Needy fishermen find it difficult to arrange the money to purchase necessary amounts of fuel. The scheme will increase the dieses subsidy for these fishermen by 50% to accommodate the fuel price hike.
Eligibility for application
- Residents of Andhra Pradesh – Only those applicants, belonging to the fishing community will be able to attain the various perks of this scheme, who live within the state legally.
- Fishermen only – The state government has spent significant time to develop a scheme that will develop the social status of the people who are members of fishing community. Thus, only fishermen will be able to apply for this scheme.
- Registered fish catchers – If the fisherman is not registered with the Fishermen’s Association, then he will not be allowed to register for the scheme.
- Bank account – It is necessary that the applicant has a bank account. Otherwise, the state authority will not be able to deposit the grant money, as per the scheme guidelines.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – Any fisherman, who desires to receive the perks of this welfare scheme, must submit official residential proof. The document will highlight that the applicant is a permanent and legal resident of the state.
- Identification documents – Each interested applicant will have to produce his Aadhar card. The document will assist the officials to check the authenticity of the person’s claims.
- Registration certificate – Only those applicants, who will be able to produce their official registration certificates, which have been issued by the Fishermen Association and the Fishery Department of Andhra Pradesh will be able to get the perks of this scheme.
- Registration of fishing boat – If the fisherman has his own fishing boat, then he needs to submit a copy of the boat registration certificate.
- Bank account documents – All financial grants, which will be offered by the state government under this scheme, will be directly deposited in the beneficiary’s bank account. For this, the applicants need to submit their bank account documents during registration.
How to get registration form and apply for the scheme?
The state government of Andhra Pradesh has recently announced the scheme. The Chief Minister has not yet declared the implementation date. The officials have not stated anything about the process via which, the interested and eligible applicants can enroll for the welfare project. However, the Chief Minister did mention that the state authority will implement the scheme as soon as possible. When the application details are released, you will get the details on this portal.
The traditional fishermen try to hold on to their age-old livelihood. They use modern techniques to increase the catch. More fish means they will be able to acquire more money by selling the catch in the market. The decline in the number of fishes, in the ocean, has posed a threat to their livelihood. The implementation of the new welfare scheme for the fishermen will offer them the much-needed financial support.
Other links –
- Mukhyamantri Patrakar Jeevan Bima Yojana Jharkhand
- CHC Farm Machinery Krishi Kisan Mobile App download
- AP YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme Beneficiary List
- YSR Navodayam Scheme AP