YSR Gruha PMAY Urban Housing Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2019-20 [Application Form Online, Eligibility, Documents, List, Portal, Toll free, helpline number, Instalment, Phase]
People, residing in cities and surrounding areas often complain that there is a lot of crowding and not enough space for all. It makes it difficult for people to purchase a plot and make their dream homes. Additionally, land purchase and home construction require massive investments. Poor people cannot afford, and are forced to come up with alternative options. It gives rise to slums. The current Andhra Pradesh government has announced a new housing project under the name YSR Gruha Housing Scheme. Here are the details of this scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Gruha Housing Scheme or YSR Housing Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||2019 – 2020|
|Official launch date||July 2019|
|Target beneficiary||Homeless people from financially weaker sections|
|Supervised by||Andhra Pradesh Government|
Key features of the scheme
- Development in the housing sector – The current state government has decided that it will take necessary steps to ensure that poor people in the state have access to permanent homes. With the implementation of this project, the urban housing scenario will get a massive face lift.
- Poor and needy people – The scheme has been designed and developed for those who do not have adequate financial power to finance their own homes. The people, falling under the poverty line and weaker income groups will be directly benefitted. MIG and LIG candidates will also be permitted to attain the benefits.
- Other related facilities – The houses, which will be developed under the watchful eyes of the urban housing department will offer additional facilities like regular water and power supply.
- Implementation in phases – The vastness of this scheme has forced the stage authority to announce that the implementation will be carried out in distinct phases. Phase-wise implementation offer better control over the monitoring of the constructions and quality control.
- Allocated budget – The scheme will attain a financial support of Rs. 2280 crore. It was announced during budget declaration. In case more funds are required, the state will supply money accordingly. It has already set up a contingency fund for aiding this need.
Eligibility to apply for the scheme
- Residents of the state – Only permanent and legal residents of Andhra Pradesh can become a part of this scheme.
- Must not have a home – The state government has already highlighted that such individuals, who do not have access to their own permanent homes, will be permitted to register and get the benefits.
- Income related criterion – Though it was mentioned in the draft that only people who earn a certain amount can apply for this housing scheme, the state government has not yet mentioned that amount.
- Economic categories – People, belonging to low income group, medium income group, and economically weaker sections, can register for attaining the perks of this project.
Documents necessary for application
- Proof of residency – This housing scheme will be operated by the AP government. Thus, applicants must possess such documents, which highlight that they are legal residents of this state.
- Personal ID documents – It is necessary for the state authority to check the details of the candidates. The photocopy of the Aadhar card, ration card, and voter card are necessary during submitting the application form.
- Income certificate – As the scheme is only for individuals who fall under a certain financial category, the state has highlighted that the submission of the annual income statement is mandatory.
- Details of bank account – Apart from the documents mentioned above, it every applicant needs to provide these details of his/her active bank account. This includes the name of the bank and the account number, branch address, branch code etc.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
The application process is still to be declared by the CM of the state. The unique housing project has only been declared in the 2019. The scheme launch date has not yet been declared. As the scheme is expected to be implemented soon, the state government can make the much-awaited announcement any day. It is possible that the state government will launch a portal through which, candidates can make the application. If the state opts for offline registration, then it may be carried out through the Common Service Centers. When the Andhra Pradesh government makes these announcements, you will get the up-to-date details on this portal.
Lack of government housing schemes has made it very challenging for the poor people to get a permanent home. Private real estate development companies charge very high fee for the residential units. Only affluent people can purchase these flats. The announcement of this project will make slum dwellers and other weaker economic category individuals happy. Access to permanent residential units will also eliminate the spread of slums. It will also help in enhancing the beauty of the urban areas in the state.
Other links –
- YSR Amma Vodi Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
- AP YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme
- Coastal Housing Scheme Kerala
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility