Uch Shiksha Loan Yojana in Haryana
The Haryana state government has introduced a new shiksha scheme termed as Uchch Shiksha sheme. The new scheme is launched to offer with loan assistance to the poor girl students of the state. Under the new scheme it is certain that the state government aims to provide girl students with loan benefit for completing their education.
- The state government has launched the new scheme to be implemented for the academic year 2017-18 within the state of Haryana.
- According to the sources it is certain that the new scheme will be regulated and implemented by Haryana Women Development Corporation.
Key Features of the Yojana
- AS the scheme is aimed at motivating the girl students in the state for completing their education so it is certain that the state government will offer education loan at much lower interest rate equivalent to 5 percent.
- The state government has also made it is very clear that the students will be provided with loan facility even if they want to complete their higher education abroad.
- It is also certain that the scheme is open for any girl student who wants to take the benefit of it for completing higher education irrespective of their marital status.
- In case the student is the employee working under the state government still she will be able to get complete benefit of the scheme by the government.
- The scheme is especially launched to help the girls belonging to the economically weaker and backward section of the society within the state.
- With the implementation of the scheme it is certain that the state government wants to eliminate inequality and discrimination factor from amongst the people of the state.
- According to the latest stats the Haryana state is presently having female illiteracy rate equivalent to 55.73 percent while those belonging to SC or ST categories is equivalent to 42.26 percent who can benefit from the scheme.
Eligibility Criteria under the scheme
To be eligible under the scheme it is certain that the below stated eligibility criteria must be fulfilled.
- Under the new scheme it is certain that the state government will offer its benefit for girl students of the state belonging to Sc/ST/General or OBC category.
- To take the benefit of the scheme it is certain that the applicant has to be the citizen of the state by birth.
- It is also important that to take full benefit the girl student or the candidate has to be 18 years or above age.
- The benefit of the scheme will only be offered to the student who has managed to complete minimum of 12th grade education from the state.
- It is important that at the time of application the candidate is expected to provide with the income proof of the family.
- The sanctioned loan amount can only be used by the student to complete their higher level of education in any field.
- The state government will ensure that the students get the loan amount in their Bank accounts directly that will be given in accordance to the regulations stated under the Yojana.
By the launch of the new scheme it is certain that the state government of Haryana aims at improving the rate of literacy amongst the girl students in the state. This will further help the girl students in the state to be self dependent in their life to complete their goals. The new scheme will also help more number of girls to come forward for higher education who are otherwise not able to because of financial crisis in the family.