Sugarcane Juice Business Plan Ideas in India (How to get Loan For Sugarcane Business)
Uttar Pradesh is one of the biggest producers of sugarcane in the country. The state has the highest concentration of sugar mills. The primary ingredient, necessary for the production of sugar and the other by-products is sugarcane juice. Thus, these mills acquire sugarcane from the farmers. However, a recent report suggests that the sugarcane farmers in Uttar Pradesh have not been paid on time. The report also suggests that the due payment is as much as Rs 19,000 crore. It is the responsibility of the farmer development centers and the state government to solve this issue, but they only have excuses instead of solutions.
What does the Sugar Control Act highlight?
In the year 1966, the Sugar Control Act was passed and implemented. The main aim of this act was to safeguard the rights and profits of the sugarcane growers. It has been clearly stated in the act that all the sugar mills, which acquire sugarcane from the local farmers, must settle the payments within 14 days. If the sugar mill owners refrain from making the payments, then the issue must be placed in front of the district magistrate. Then the DM must order the sugar mill owners to pay the money that they owe to the farmers.
Uttar Pradesh CM offers a solution for the issue
The Kisan Sabhas have notified the Uttar Pradesh Chie Minister Yogi Adityanath about the sorry state of the sugarcane growing farmers. As there is no saying when the sugar mill owners will pay the farmers, the CM has come up with a unique scheme that will not only improve the financial condition of the sugarcane growers but will also help the young unemployed people in the state to become financially independent. He has asked the youngsters to open sugarcane juice selling ventures. The CM also pointed out that theses sugarcane juice ventures will also generate adequate employment opportunities for others. But money is necessary for setting up these shops. The CM said that interested applicants could get the money by applying for the MUDRA Loan.
How can I start a sugarcane juice business?
- Once the interested applicant gets the credit under the MUDRA loan scheme, he/she can make necessary preparations for setting up the sugarcane juice business.
- Planning is the most important step to ensure business success. If your plans have loopholes, then you will not be able to make any profits.
- After planning, the applicant must select a location where he/she will set up the juice store.
- It is best to acquire the store on a rental basis as it is cost-effective. Once you get the possession of the store, you must start work on its renovation.
- In the meantime, talk to the sugarcane farmers directly to get the best products at a low price. It will eliminate the middlemen, and both the business owner and the farmers will make better profits.
- The next step is to get the machines, which will crush and press the sugarcane and extract the fresh juice.
- Gone are the days, when sugarcane juicers used bulky and iron machine to extract the juice. Thanks to technological developments, you can purchase sophisticated machines, which will do the same task. The price of these machines starts at Rs. 16,000 and goes up to Rs. 50,000.
- Select the machine depending on the size of your store, requirements, and your budgetary allocation.
- Apart from this, you must purchase glasses for serving the juice to customers.
- Make sure you have continuous water, and power supply as most of these juicing machines run on electricity.
- Once you have all these elements, you can start your sugarcane juice business.
- After the juice has been extracted, the sugarcane husks can be sold to the companies, which manufacture animal fodder and organic fertilizers. It will be an added source of income for you.
How can I apply for MUDRA Loan for the sugarcane juice business?
- Every individual who wants financial assistance, for opening the sugarcane juice business will have to apply for MUDRA loan.
- The application process must be completed online. The official portal of the MUDRA loan scheme can be reached by clicking on the link https://mudramitra.in/Login.
- For preliminary enrollment, applicants must click on the link that says, “New User.”
- A new page will open where you need to type in the amount that you will require to set up your business. Then you need to type in the scheme name.
- When you complete this step, the site will generate a password and User ID. You will be able to use these credentials to log in on the portal for filling the actual application document.
- After logging in, the applicant must click on the link that says, “Fill Application Form.”
- When the main registration form opens, the candidate must fill it with all personal and venture-related details.
- Then he/she must pick a bank from the given list, where he/she preferably has an account.
- After this, the candidate must click on the submit button to complete the application process.
- If the loan request is granted, then the bank will send an SMS to the candidate’s registered mobile number.
Criticism of the CM’s solution
Though the CM is optimistic about his solution, other sections in the political arena say that it is a ploy to mock the poor farmers. The critics suggest that sugarcane farmers will not be able to make up for their due payment by selling sugarcane to the juicing shops. Additionally, the establishment of so many shops will increase the competition in the market, and reduce the overall profit share. The critics also point out that the demand for sugarcane juice only remains during the summer months. During the rest of the year, both farmers and juice store owners will face a financial crisis.
Other links –
- How to check your name in NCR Register for Indian Citizenship
- Tarun Loan under Mudra bank
- Nayi Manzil Yojana
- Shishu loan under MUDRA bank?