Rajiv Gandhi Krishak Sathi Yojana in Rajasthan 2019-20 [Application Form, How to Apply, Rules, Eligibility]
The Rajasthan government has recently launched an agricultural welfare scheme that was implemented in 2009. Under the Rajiv Gandhi Krishak Sathi Yojna, farmers and their families are entitled to receive monetary grant from the state authority. The financial support will be available in the farmer passes away or become handicap due to natural or other causes. This article sheds light on the latest changes, which have been made in the scheme by the current CM.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Rajiv Gandhi Krishak Sathi Yojna|
|Launched by||Ashok Gehlot|
|Scheme announced in||2009 – 2010|
|Launch date of the scheme||2009|
|Target beneficiaries||Farmers of the state|
|Supervised by||Rajasthan Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of agricultural sector – The implementation and revision of the scheme guidelines will assist the state government to offer monetary support to the agricultural workers. It, in turn, means the overall development of the agro-sector in the state.
- Financial aid for farmers – During the original implementation of this scheme, the state government promised financial assistance to the family members of a farmer who dies due to natural causes.
- Latest revisions in the clauses – The CM has realized that the scheme was not offering optimum security to the farmers. Thus, he had recently added new clauses to the official draft.
- Grant for death due to electric shocks – The irrigation machines are powered by electricity. The electric shocks can kill or render the farmer paralyzed forever. If he is a beneficiary of this scheme, he/his family will get a support amount.
- Grant for animal attack – The farm can be infested with poisonous snakes, scorpions, and other such animals. If the farmer dies or gets injured due to an animal attach, the Rajasthan government will provide financial support.
- Grant for death by drowning – In case the farmers falls in any water body, and dro9ws, then the family members will be gives the support money, as it has been mentioned in the scheme draft.
- Tractor accidents – The tractor plays a vital role during the harvest season. If the beneficiary meets with an accident, he will get the scheme perks.
- Grant for death due to natural calamity – The new guideline of the scheme also highlights that is the farmers dies due to any natural calamity, or gets injured, he/his family will acquire monetary assistance.
- Grant amount – It has been mentioned in the welfare assistance scheme draft that the beneficiary or his family members can get at the most 2 lakhs, depending on the nature of the loss.
- Payment mode – The Chief Minister stated that the affected farmers or family members will attain the financial assistance in the bank accounts via DBT.
Eligibility for the interested applicants
- Must be a inhabitant of the state – The Rajasthan Chief Minister has highlighted that if the farmer wants to acquire the perks of the scheme, then he must be a legal and permanent citizen of this state.
- Must be a farmer by occupation – It has been highlighted in the scheme that the scheme has been developed for those candidates, who are permanently associated with agricultural practices. Farming must be the main livelihood of the candidates.
- Must be registered with an association – If the agricultural worker is not a registered member of the State Farmers Association, then he will not be allowed to attain the perks of this scheme.
- Land ownership – The scheme is only for those farmers who possess their agricultural land. It is not for the tenant farmers, who grow crops on the land of another person.
- Bank account – The support grant for the farmers will be deposited in the bank account. So, each candidate must have an active bank account in his/her name.
Documents necessary for registration
- Residential proof – The entire welfare project will be sponsored and implemented by the Rajasthan state government. Thus, only the farmers with access to official residential proof papers will be able to apply.
- Identification proof – The submission of a copy of the Aadhar card is a must for all applicants. The state officials will use these identification details to check the authenticity of the claims.
- Certificate from Farmers Association – For application, all the deserving candidate needs to attach a photocopy of the certificate that highlights that he is a registered member of the Rajasthan farmers Association.
- Land records – All applicants need to attach the photocopies of the agricultural plot. The land registration must be in the name of the applicant. It is mandatory for the candidate to take the necessary steps to keep these documents up to date.
- Claim related documents – It is mandatory for the farmers or the family members to provide necessary documents, to claim the support money. The documents must be checked and verified by the Gram Panchayat officers.
How to get application for and enroll for the scheme?
- Offline application mode – As most of the farmers are unable to use the computer, the Rajasthan government has announced that interested candidates must apply via offline modes.
- Collection of the form– The farmers need to go to the Panchayat office of the Block Development office to acquire the registration form.
- Form fill-up – The candidates need to write down the personal details in the enrollment document.
- Attaching essential documents – Once the registration form had been filled in, the candidates had to attach the photocopies of the documents, which had been mentioned in the scheme draft.
- Attaching a recent photograph – The applicants needed to attach a recent photograph on the form.
- Application submission – For submitting the form, farmers had to go to the Block Development Office of the Gram Panchayat office.
- Checking beneficiary list – Once the state government released the beneficiary lists, copies were sent to every village. The applicants could check the list to ensure that their names were on the beneficiary list.
The financial condition of the farmers in the rural areas is rather bleak. It is the responsibility of the state government to ensure that these families get access to social and financial securities. The implementation of this scheme was a potent step towards providing these facilities. The recent revisions in the scheme guidelines will also protect the interest of the family members of the poor farmers.
Other links –
- मुख्यमंत्री अल्पसंख्यक रोजगार ऋण योजना
- Mukhyamantri Patrakar Jeevan Bima Yojana Jharkhand
- CM Saksham Balika Yojana in Rajasthan
- Krishi Upaj Rahan Loan Yojana in Rajasthan Form