Overseas Scholarship for Dalit in Delhi [Application Form Process, Eligibility, Documents)
The academic exposure in foreign countries is better that what is available in India. So, meritorious candidates, from several academic fields, try to get admission in these colleges and universities. However, the course fee is very high. If the applicants do not get 100% scholarship, then they might have to let go of their educational dreams. The Delhi APP government has decided to help meritorious Dalit students with money under the Overseas Scholarship for Dalit Candidates scheme, so that they can pursue higher education in foreign universities.
|Name of the intended scheme||Overseas Scholarship for Dalit Candidates|
|Proposed by||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Preliminary announcement made by||Rajendra Pal Gautam|
|Preliminary announcement date||August 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Dalit students|
|Supervised by||Education Department of Delhi|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of education sector – The primary aim behind proposing this scheme is to help poor yet meritorious applicants, which hail from Delhi. As more students get the opportunity to travel to foreign universities, the academic development will be prompt.
- Number of selected applicants – The preliminary announcement has shed light on the fact that every year, the Delhi authority will offer monetary assistance to 100 eligible and deserving students.
- Higher education courses – It is necessary for the interested candidates to complete their post-graduation courses, and then prepare for further studies in foreign colleges.
- Selected streams – Candidates from science, engineering, arts, medical and law backgrounds will be selected for attaining the benefits of the soon-to-be implemented scheme.
- Scholarship amount – In case the applicant has opted for a course that will continue for two years, then the authority will offer a grant of Rs. 10 lakhs. The scholarship grand amount will increase to Rs. 20 lakhs if the tenure of the academic course is four years.
Eligibility of the interested applicants
- Only for residents of Delhi – The primary requirement for this scheme is to be an official resident of Delhi area.
- Family income limit – The yearly family income of the students’ parents need to be within Rs. 6 lakhs. In case the income is more than this amount, then those students will be barred from getting the grant.
- Admission in foreign industries – Only the candidates, who want to opt for higher education from foreign colleges and universities, will be considered eligible under the program.
- Only for Dalit applicants – Another eligibility feature is that this scheme will only offer the promised grant to the students who fall under the Dalit category.
- Two and four year courses – The scheme will give preference to those candidates who have received the opportunity to pursue M.Phil or Ph.D courses, which span over two or four years.
Documents necessary for scholarship registration
- Residential proof – To attain the grant under this scheme, interested applicants must submit residential proof documents. These papers will highlight that the applicant lives in and around Delhi.
- Dalit certificate – It is necessary for the interested candidates to submit their Dalit or ST or SC certificates, which have been issued by the state government.
- Income certificate of the family – As there is a specific income related criterion, applicants must produce official documents, which will highlight the income of the applicant’s parents on an annual basis.
- Identification documents – All applicants must submit the copies of their identification proof certificates. The Aadhar card, ration and voter cards are some official documents, which will meet this requirement.
- Admission documents – The candidates, who have already received admission documents from the foreign colleges and universities, must submit such papers.
- Mark sheet of last examination – It is expected that the government will place a minimum score capping for the applicants. When this is done, interested candidates need to submit mark sheets of the last examination.
How to get application form and register for Overseas Scholarship Scheme Delhi?
The academic scholarship project is yet to be passed by the Delhi government. It is only a matter of time before the launch and implementation of this scheme. The education department has already suggested that online application process will be finalized for the registration process. For this, Delhi government may launch a separate portal for the convenience of interested applicants. Since the APP government has not announced anything officially, enthusiasts will have to wait for a few days. As soon as the final details of the application format are declared, we will update it on this site.
The Delhi Education Ministry has not finalized the several features of this scheme. The officials will present the scheme as soon as the final scheme-related adjustments are completed, it will be presented for approval. The CM of Delhi has stated that once the approval comes, the authority will take necessary measures to ensure speedy implementation.
Other links –