Mukhyamantri Patrakar Jeevan Bima Yojana Jharkhand 2019 [Life Insurance for journalists] [Eligibility, Application Form]
The television and print new media offer common people information of what is going on in the world. But not all media houses offer the necessary facilities to the journalists. Aged journalists do not receive any pension. Most news houses do not provide working journalists with a life insurance policy. The government of Jharkhand has come up with a welfare project that targets these issues. All registered journalists in the state will soon receive a life insurance and accident coverage policy. The scheme offers financial security to the journalists and their families.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Mukhyamantri Patrakar Jeevan Bima Yojana|
|Launched by||Raghubar Das|
|Date of announcement||September 2019|
|Date of implementation||Soon|
|Target beneficiaries||Registered journalists in the state|
|Supervised by||Jharkhand Information & Public Relations Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Financial security for journalists – The main aim of the Jharkhand government is to offer necessary financial assistance to the journalists so that they do not worry about financial insecurities in the hours of need.
- Life and accidental coverage – The scheme will provide the beneficiaries financial coverage in case of a death or accident.
- Payment of premium – The Jharkhand state government will create a distinct fund and will pay the premium for the insurance scheme, on behalf of the selected beneficiaries.
- Schemes included in the project – This life and accident coverage scheme includes the benefits of two distinct social security schemes. The first is the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana. The second security scheme that offers additional insurance coverage to the journalists is Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- Financial cover for death – If a registered beneficiary dies a natural death; the insurance nominee will attain a financial assistance of Rs. 2 lakhs.
- Special financial assistance – Sometime, the journalist may meet with an accident, while he/she is on the field. If the journalist loses his/her life due to the accidental injuries, then the family will be offered financial assistance of Rs. 4 lakhs.
- Financial cover for accidental disability – The scheme guidelines highlight that the state will pay a specific sum to the journalists if they meet with an accident and become paralyzed or disabled. In case the physical disability is temporary, the state government will offer a financial support of Rs. 1 lakh. If the journalist becomes permanently disabled after the accident, then he/she will receive Rs. 2 lakhs.
Eligibility to apply for the scheme
- Residents of the state – If the journalist is a legal and permanent resident of the state, only then will he/she be allowed to apply and receive the financial benefits, promised as per the new scheme.
- Registered journalist – If the journalists wants to attain the benefits of this scheme, then he/she must be registered with the Jharkhand Press Association. Non-registered journalists will not be able to apply for the perks of this scheme.
- Operating within the state – The applicant must be associated with journalistic activities within the state. He/she must be working for a news channel or newspaper that is located in Jharkhand.
- Must have bank account – In case the beneficiary or his/her family members need to claim the insurance money, the state government will transfer the funds via DBT. Thus, every applicant must have access to a bank account.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – It is necessary that the journalist possesses any legal document that highlights that he/she is a permanent resident of Jharkhand.
- Identification proof – The applicant needs to furnish a copy of his/her Aadhar and Voter card. These documents will support his/her identity –related claims.
- Press registration certificate – As the scheme allows the participation of registered journalists only, it is mandatory that the applicant submits his/her registration certificate, issued by the state press associations.
- Bank account details – As the financial aid, offered by the Jharkhand government, will be transferred in the official bank account of the journalist, it is imperative that the applicant submits documents, which highlight account-related information.
How to get application form and register?
The Chief Minister of Jharkhand has only announced that the state government will implement the scheme very soon. Though the salient features of the scheme have been highlighted, the CM has not shed light on the application procedure. It is expected that the state will offer online application mode for the registration of interested journalists. For this, the Jharkhand authority needs to launch a separate scheme. As soon as any updates are announced about the enrollment process of this scheme, you will learn about it first on this portal.
The state government is already making the necessary preparations to ensure speedy implementation of the scheme. All categories of registered journalists will attain the financial security that they desire.
Other links –
- Shravan Bal Seva Rajya Nivruttivetan Maharashtra
- Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana in Odisha
- AP YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme New List
- Jharkhand Governments New Policy for Students