Odisha Mission Suvidya to Improve Services in SC / ST Hostels
The government of Odisha has been working tirelessly over the years to provide quality education for the school and college students in the state. The candidates, living in the urban areas have access to optimum facilities, but the same is not true for the pupils, living in the tribal areas. In this light, the current state government has launched a new scheme that offers top-notch hostel facilities for the tribal students. The Mission Suvidya in Odisha will pave the path for the academic betterment of the needy students in the rural areas. In this article, you will learn about the features, eligibility and application process to get the benefits of this scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Mission Suvidya|
|Launched by||Naveen Patnaik|
|Date of announcement||December 2019|
|Date of implementation||Soon|
|Target beneficiaries||Students opting for hostel facilities|
|Supervised by||Tribal Welfare Department of Odisha|
|Assisting organization||Akshara Foundation and Quality Council of India|
Key features of the scheme
- Improvement of education – As the state will construct better hostels and optimum amenities, the tribal students will be able to concentrate on their studies.
- Proper hostel facilities – The primary focus of this unique project is to offer adequate hostel facilities for the tribal students.
- Additional amenities – The implementation of this educational welfare scheme will provide safe and unhindered drinking water. The hostels will also have modern toilets. Apart from this, the living rooms will also offer optimum comfort. Additionally, the kitchen, and dining area will be improved for better food safety.
- Betterment of the students – Proper amenities, along with the necessary safety measures will prevent unfortunate medical incidences with the hostel residents.
- Phase-wise implementation – As the scheme will be implemented in all the tribal areas of the state, it has been decided to implement the scheme in separate phases.
- Estimated beneficiaries – It has been highlighted in the state report that around the primary implementation of the project, around 2 lakh students will acquire the perks of this scheme. During the later phases, the benefits will be offered to more than 5.7 lakh tribal students.
- MoU publication – For proper implementation of this scheme, the state government has already signed two separate MoUs.
Eligibility for applicants
- Residents of Odisha – As the Odisha government will look after the scheme; only the legal residents of this state will be allowed to apply for getting the perks.
- Students only – Only school and college students have been selected to become the beneficiaries of this project.
- Hostel applicants only – Only those tribal students, who will opt for the hostel facilities, will be able to get the perks.
- For ST and SC students – The scheme has been developed and designed for the betterment of the students, who fall in the Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe communities.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – If the applicant does not possess legal residential documents, issued by the Odisha government, then he/she will not be allowed to stay in the hostels.
- Identification documents – All the interested applicants need to attach a copy of his/her Aadhar Card with the application form.
- School and college admission documents – The students need to attach an official document, issued by the school or the college, highlighting that the pupil is a regular student of the educational institute.
- Hostel application documents – It is imperative that the applicant submits a copy of the hostel accommodation application papers.
- ST/SC certificate – If any candidate is interested to opt for this scheme, then he/she must submit a copy of his/her ST or SC certificate.
How to get application form and register?
The Odisha state government has recently announced the features and the eligibility of the scheme. The application procedure has not been highlighted as of now. As soon as the government releases the scheme details, we will update it on our website. For more in-depth information on this scheme, stay tuned on our portal.
The implementation of this scheme will encourage the tribal students to pursue their academic dreams. This scheme is a step that will increase the literacy percentage among the rural and tribal students.
Other links –