Delhi Water Bill Arrears Waiver Scheme 2019-20 (Paani Bill Maafi Yojana) Application Form, Eligibility
The Arvind Kejeiwal government in Delhi decided to launch a scheme called Water Bill Arrears Waiver Scheme to waive off the water arrears. The scheme will be going to be launched on November, 2019. The scheme will be implemented on the people of the state who have water meter at their house. Along with the arrear waiving announcement the chief Minister of State said Delhi can earn 600 crore rupees by streamlined water connection.
|Name of the scheme||Water Bill Arrears Waiver Scheme|
|Date of launch||30th November, 2019|
|Place of launch||Delhi|
|Lunched by||Arvind Kejeiwal|
|Target people||Urbane people with water meter|
Key features of the Water Bill Arrears Waiver Scheme
- Arrear reduction- according to the rule of the scheme, the Chief Minister has said that people who reside in Delhi and have functional water meter will be relieved from paying off the water bill.
- Time of implementation- The people who have installed the water meter with the time period of 31st Mar 2019 will enjoy the implementation of the scheme.
- Total beneficiary – The scheme is believed to be beneficial for 13 lakh people of the state as they will not have to pay the water arrear.
- Other activities- The Chief Minister of Delhi also announced that, the government will provide up to 200 units of free electricity to the people of the state, as the government decided to offer 50% subsidy on electricity consumption.
- Wifi facility- Apart from the subsidy on electricity, the government will provide free Wifi facility to the people of the state. And for that government will install 11,000 hotspots that will offer 15 GB free data per month.
Mode of implementation
The scheme will be implemented in 8 diffrent categories. The water bills would be waived off in this manner –
|Categories||Percentage of Bill Waiver|
|A & B||25%|
|C & D||50%|
|E, F, G & H||100%|
- Residential criteria-The people need to be the resident of Delhi and need to have water meter at their home.
- Time of installing the meter- In order to avail the benefit of the scheme the people to have the water meter before 31stMarch 2019.
- Residential proof – In order to avail the reduction on the water bill the candidate needs to produce their residential proof.
- Permission from the authority – Once you install water meter at your home you need to inform the Jal Board to get the benefit of the scheme.
How to apply for the Paani Bill Maafi Yojana?
As it is a newly launched scheme, the process of registration has not been disclosed yet. It is believed that the process will be announced soon and as soon as the registration process will be disclosed, we will update you about it.
To make the scheme work for the people of the state, the Chief Minister of Delhi said that, government will send an invitation to every household so that they install the water meter. The installation of water meter will help the government to save around 600 crore rupees. The more people come under the mainstream water connect the more economy of the state will be benefitted.
- राजस्थान हाउसिंग बोर्ड फ्लैट ऑनलाइन सेलिंग
- YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme AP
- Free Electricity Scheme Delhi
- Vocational Training Scheme Delhi