Samajwadi Bima Care card Yojana
Uttar Pradesh government has launched several schemes and plans to make lives better for their residents recently. One such scheme is the Bima Care Card that is launched by the Samajwadi Party (ruling party) of Uttar Pradesh.
What exactly is the Samajwadi Bima Care card Yojana?
This scheme has been launched for those that have already taken or are about to take the benefits of Samajwadi Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana. The government is all set to provide Bima Care Cards to take the benefits of this scheme.
The scheme is about to benefit farmers who earn less than RS. 75000. Actually this scheme is a replacement of the Krishak Bima Yojana which was initially directed towards registered farmers.
Now the scheme has been brought under one umbrella and with more people registering in the Sarvhit Yojana, more number of farmers who actually need this scheme can be reached out to.
Things you should know about this new scheme
- It will provide accidental insurance coverage of up to Rs. 5 lakh along with medical insurance of up to Rs. 2.5 lakh to the beneficiaries.
- The medical insurance will be provided in case there is a treatment, disability (permanent or temporary) or death in the family. The state government would provide insurance worth Rs. 3 crore to the registered families.
- The government will issue the Bima Care cards for free in the name of the applicants. It will provide security to the poor people who cannot afford insurance otherwise.
- In fact in a state of 20 crore residents, the scheme will be provided to nearly 15 crore people who have already registered for it.
- Any farmer, who is between the ages of 18 to 70 years, is eligible to take the benefits of this scheme. The insurance also stands applicable if there is an animal bite such as snake bite or any harm done by any wild animal.
Those who are interested to be registered for this scheme can join it at www.bimacarecard.com . One can also call the toll free number 1502 to get further details.