In last two and half years the BJP government has given many opportunities to the youth to start their own business rather than looking out for jobs. To encourage the newly emerged entrepreneurs the government has initiated Stand up India scheme where start-ups will get enough funding for their businesses. Now this year the ministry of Skill and Development has started National Entrepreneurship Award 2016 in which the deserving entrepreneurs will get awarded for their performance.
National Entrepreneurship Award – Objective
The main aim or objective of the award ceremony is to encourage the youth of the nation. According to the ministry of skill and development this step will provide a model entrepreneur who will inspire millions of youths.
Also young people will be more cautious to enhance their productivity in business so that they can get the proper recognition too. This award will bring about courage, inspiration and more skill among the young people of the nation.
National Entrepreneurship Award – Features
- The award ceremony was held on 30th January 2017. The youth entrepreneurs who are aged less than 30 years were being awarded for their achievements in various fields.
- The main event has 11 categories under which total 19 awards had been given to different entrepreneurs from different fields. There are many fields like Agriculture, Food, Travel, Women, SC/ST, Engineering and lot more sections under which the awards were given.
- Among 19 awards, 16 awards were given to the individual entrepreneurs who are aged less than 30 years. On the basis of their performance and achievements throughout the year 2016 awards will be given to the candidates. The rest of the 3 awards are for the organisations that have performed well during last year.
- The Ministry of Skill, Development and Entrepreneurship has partnered with leading educational institutions like IIT Kanpur, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai, IIM Ahmadabad, TISS Mumbai and XLRS Jamshedpur to get the best entrepreneur in making.
- The scheme was implemented in these institutions to find the most deserving candidates. All the applicants had to go through major competitions and tests. There were 2 major rounds of competition that the candidates had to perform.
- Depending on the basis of performance of the candidates the Jury members had selected 3 main finalists. These finalists had gone through some major tasks in the presence of National Jury members and then the final winner had been selected.
Award Winners 2017
This is the first year when the award ceremony has taken place. There were 11 categories in total under which 11 organisations / individuals had gotten award for their achievements. The winners of the awards in different categories are as follows:
- Under this category, S V Engineering and Consultancy Services won the award. It is an Engineering Service Company runs by women. This company has won the best entrepreneur award in women’s category.
Engineering Service Category
- Swadha Energies is a Chennai based incubator. The company was initiated in Chennai since 2013. This Start up has successfully managed to serve quality services and products to different companies and areas.
Agri, Forestry and Food Category
- The renowned name Wow Momo has won the award under this category. Wow Momo is one of those fast food companies that didn’t take much time to spread over country.
E-Commerce, Logistics and Transport Service Category
- JETSETGO Aviation Service is the name that highlighted in this category. The company offer private aviation services. You can also go for tours like honeymoon, pilgrim and much more.
IT, ITES and Finance category
- Lucideus Tech Pvt. Ltd is a one stop tech solution for the clients. Serving 11 countries at this moment the company has won the best IT service company under this category.
Chemicals and Bio Tech Category
- Under this category Saral Design Solutions Private Limited has won the best company award. Saral Design Solutions Private Limited has worked on women’s hygiene during menstruation.
- JeevAnksh Eco Products Private Limited is the company that won the best performer of the year. The group of entrepreneurs belong to the Scheduled Caste group.
- Government has encouraged a number of incubators to boost up the profiles of start up companies emerged in the nation lately. TREC-STEP Regional Engineering College is one of the incubators that have contributed much to the nation.
- Karnataka based college RSETI is one of the most promising educational institutions in India. The institution has developed new areas of education in few time that helped students in many folds.
- Mentor (Government): Harkesh Kumar Mittal, the Head of the National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Board. His splendid contribution to the world of youth entrepreneurship programs have made him win the award this year.
- Mentor (Private): Mr. Pradeep Gupta. The Chairman of the CyberMedia Group. He is one of the most important mentors who continuously shared his experience and best industry knowledge to accommodate start-ups to acquire more knowledge and skill.
These are the names that had won awards this year for their outstanding performance throughout the year 2016.
The National Entrepreneurship Award and the program are initiated to encourage the emerging and young entrepreneurs. To provide them inspirational business models Government of India has taken this initiative. More candidates are keen to enhance their performance and skill to be recognised nationally under this program.